Saturday, July 18, 2009

Firstest Blog

What up blogosphere, Sir Marcus here

Since this is my first blogpost, I'll keep it simple and just update no one in particular on my goings on this summer. I guess I just wanted to get into this blogging thing because anyone who knows me knows that I tend to be a bit wordy, so it's only natural that I find an arena to be able to talk talk talk without worrying about annoying those around me; Man, what would we do without the internet?

Started shaving this summer. I've been telling myself that if I did, the chinstrap beard and full mustache/goatee thing would start growing in. It's prolly not gonna happen that way, especially since the only facial hair I've ever grown has been sideburns and the neck/throat fuzz, but a guy can dream, right? Age 21 seemed like as good a time as any to try to turn this thing around. I'm taking charge, dammit.

Anyways, I've been back in Columbia (Missouri) for a week now and I haven't done very much. To be honest, it's the same thing I complain about when I go back to Richmond (Virginia), but for some reason it doesn't bug me quite as much back here in CoMo. I suppose it's because ever since I started college, I've just loved (mostly) anything associated with college, even if that means choosing to be bored and idle in CoMo rather than being bored and idle in RVA. That's not meant so much as a slight to Richmond as it is.... well, actually it is. My people back in Richmond are tight, but being there, for the most part, is the opposite of "where it's at."

I start working as a temp. (bitch?) in the bookstore Monday, can't wait to start doing the bitch work in the back. Gotta make sure to stack those books and tape those boxes up just right, lest someone takes their books outta the box in the wrong order and all hell breaks loose. But, it will temporarily generate some cash flow outside of the Plasma Center, so it won't be so bad. A brotha gotta pay the bills, ya know; being grown-up really sucks balls sometimes.

Anyways, that's good for now, but stay tuned people, cuz as always, I'll be working on some stuff. Until next time, this is Sir Marcus T. Williams signing off...

No comments:

Post a Comment