Monday, July 27, 2009

Weekend Update

Howdy doody blogosphere, Sir Marcus back here

We're gonna keep it short tonight. My main man Ryno came back to CoMo for the weekend to check outta his room, so it was good to see him again. His gf also came back into town to check outta hers, so he spent alotta time with her too. It's certainly something that was expected, so it's all good. I'm sure it'll be like that during the schoolyear too, so either I'm gonna hafta find my own girl to join the fray, or I'll be playing the 3rd wheel alot more during the year. Tricycles are fun though, right?

So I'm now onto stop #2 of my nomadic adventures in between living at Campus Lodge and Gateway. (Though they will prolly never read this, shouts out to Scott and Randy for putting up with me for the past couple weeks; I really appreciated the hospitality. Hope I wasn't too bad a houseguest, fellas). For the next 3 weeks or so, I'll be staying with my ex-roommate from last year and his girlfriend in their cozy little apartment down by Columbia Mall. It's a one-floor 2 bedroom joint, but because they share a room, I've been able to use the other bedroom to sleep and store all my shit. Pretty nice little place they got here, so I wanna say thanks to Chris and Bre for sharing their place with me for awhile. I'm not gonna bother unpacking too much though cuz that'll just make it tougher when I hafta move again. No one wants that. 

In other news, it's a Monday night, and that means a whole 'lotta sittin in front of the TV. Monday nights are STACKED with quality (at least in my opinion) television. First off, I hafta list that there's an hour of Seinfeld on TBS at 7 p.m. (or 6 in Missouri time). To be fair, Seinfeld comes on every weekday, but the fact that it comes on right before all my other shows just helps my argument for Mega Monday night TV. What other shows? I'm glad you asked. 

Between How I Met Your Mother / Two and a Half Men / Rules of Engagement / The Big Bang Theory / Dating in the Dark / The T.O. Show / Weeds / Family Guy / Monday Night Raw (YES, I STILL WATCH PRO WRESTLING), there's no reason for me to leave the comfort of the couch or bed and TV set on Monday nights. And shit, while we're at it, there's also the return of Monday Night Football in the fall. I got my sports, my comedies, my dramas, and even a little dose of reality TV in there (Monday Night Raw), just in case I get tired of the scripted, head-scratching, soap opera-esque drivel of The T.O. Show. God must be using this as a test for me this school year, a test that I will undeniably be failing with flying colors. My only real regret is that all of this good TV is on one night, and most weeks, I can't get this much quality TV from the rest of the weekdays combined. Tis a cryin' shame, I tell ya. 

So let this be a hint to my teachers this coming semester: I will be completely useless and/or unreliable for work purposes on Monday nights between the hours of 6 and 11 p.m; You've been warned. 

Until next time, this is Sir Marcus T. Williams signing off... Yall take care now. 


No comments:

Post a Comment