Wednesday, September 2, 2009

As-Yet-Unnamed-Blog

How's it goin blogosphere? Sir Marcus here

Damn, it's been almost 2 weeks since we last spoke; where the fuck did the month of August go? I've been dropping the ball, I know. Because of that, today's post will be quick hits about the goings on and observations of the past week and a half or so.

- That Old English class I mentioned was probably the worst mistake I've ever made in my career as a student. By the 3rd day, I was COMPLETELY lost in what was going on; I mean, that shit was wack. So I was left with no choice but to drop that sumbitch from my schedule and replace it with sumthin alot less impossible-to-comprehend. 

- Remember when I was raving about how much I liked working at the bookstore? That was then, this is now: I can't wait to NOT work there anymore. Luckily, Friday is my last day. Why the change of heart, you ask? Since I wrote Textbook Temps, at least half of the people who were working there with me have finished their temp. obligations to the bookstore, leaving only a handful of us, spread out over random intermittent periods of the day, to do the trivial, infinitely-less interesting tasks around the store in the post-Early Bird periods of dormancy known as EVERY OTHER DAY OF SCHOOL. But don't fret, blogoteers. If you subscribe to the idea that God has a sense of humor, then you - like me - can take solace in the fact that at least Cathy is amongst the handful of us still working there. 


- Only Michael Jackson could die and instantly gain back all the sympathy in the world, as if the last 10-15 years of his life never happened. Since he died, it's been two months of nonstop,  borderline-unnecessary further probing, a phrase that had an entirely different meaning while Jacko was still alive (wait, too soon?). Somehow it's been determined that it was his doctor's fault and the case has therefore been ruled a homicide. CNN can't stop talking about it for some reason. Say what you will about his last few years, but the one thing no one can argue about Jacko is that he could get people talking. 

- On a much more serious note: it's football season, BITCH. 

- Recently, I've been learning things about some of my friends that have come completely outta nowhere. Yes, I'm TALKING ABOUT YOU, GOSSIP GIRL. I'm not exactly at liberty to discuss these things, but consider my mind blown. 

- We don't have HBO at Gateway and I've been missing the recent episodes of Hung and Entourage. I don't appreciate this. If anyone has any suggestions as to how we remedy this situation, I'm all ears. Not even joking a lil bit. 

- Got a girlfriend (and have had her for the last month). Don't know why that hasn't come up yet, but now you know. More on this later.

- I STILL havent figured out how to switch my MU email account over to the Outlook thing that they we're supposed to switch over to. I feel like a dumbass cuz it never seems to work for me, but it can't be as hard as I'm making it seem, right? I would also appreciate some help on this front.

- Cheesecake is still where it's at, but this isn't news to anyone. 

- When is this Ed Hardy/Affliction t-shirt fad gonna be over? (If I know you and you wear one of these, don't take this personally; I don't necessarily associate you with them all, but these shirts are UNQUESTIONABLY the preferred attire of douchebags and tools all over America.)

- Remember when facebook chat was cool? Yea, me neither.

- I got a new phone last week to replace the one I had had for quite awhile. Not that the old one was, but it had started to give me some grief. You ever had a phone that just stopped acknowledging the charger that you plugged it into, thus nullifying you even having a charger, thus FURTHER nullifying you even having a phone? If so, then you, my friend, have met your match, because the only ways to solve this issue are to either A) order and wait for a new phone or B) toss ur newly-dubbed P.O.S. phone into the nearest body of water at ur earliest convenience and try to convince ur friends that the recession has forced you into trying to bring back ACTUAL mail. You may think that there's nothing worse than not having ur cellphone in this day and age, but anyone who still owns a Razor would beg to differ. 

- Yall remember that entry I wrote about the shit that's on T.V. these days (see Sir Marcus on Television)? One of the girls from Rock of Love recently got her own show. Well, I should say ANOTHER one of the girls from R.O.L. got her own show. I can't believe how easy it is for apparently just any random girl to get onto T.V. This particular girl - Megan Nobodywillcarebytheendofthissentence - has "cashed in" on her 15 minutes of fame by not only competing on R.O.L., but also competing on the "all-star" spinoff show "I Love Money." THEN, she competed on "I Love Money 2." Clearly, she was setting a precedent for what would indeed become the premise of her own spinoff show, "Megan Wants a Millionaire." I wish I were making that up. But I implore you blogosphere to stop shaking your head in disgust just long enough for me to tell you the real reason I brought this up. Megan's show was pulled from the T.V. airwaves because of a slight mishap involving one of the contestants on her show. It's no big deal really, but apparently some guy who was on there was wanted for murder. To be a lil more specific, for the killing and dismembering of the body of supermodel Jasmine Fiore. he was labeled as a "person of interest" for about a week until apparently the pressure got to him and he was found dead of an apparent suicide this past weekend. SMH. I repeat, HER SHOW - which had no business being on TV in the 1st place - HAS BEEN PULLED BECAUSE ONE OF THE CONTESTANTS KILLED AND DISMEMBERED A YOUNG WOMAN AND THEN FOLLOWED THAT UP BY KILLING HIMSELF. I'm just gonna let that marinate. 

- The worst part is that we all just know that Megan isn't upset about the two people that died and the subsequent grief that both of those families now hafta face; she's most likely just upset that her 15 minutes have been cut short prematurely. I don't mean to judge the girl without knowing her personally, but the only Megan I can pretend to know is the one that has been chasing money for her entire "acting" career. Anyone who's ever witnessed her on any of these shows knows that unfortunately, I'm probably right. Sorry, but when you appear on the shows that she's appeared on, you forfeit your rights to any benefits-of-the-doubt. 

Despite the somber note that we ended on here, it was fun sharing with the world again. Until next time, this is Sir Marcus T. Williams signing off.... Yall take care now.

1 comment:

  1. 1. You forgot to mention that Megan was also on Beauty and the Geek before her R.O.L. days.
    2. Facebook chat IS cool because we are talking on it right now so...
    3. My remedy for your HBO sitch is to NOT watch Entourage...its soooo three years ago.
    4. Also this gossip girl chick sounds like DA BOMB (yeah i'm bringin it back...deal with it).

    XOXO, Gossip Girl

    ReplyDelete