Friday, September 4, 2009

Health Scare

What it does blogosphere? Sir Marcus here

Fuckin' swine flu, man.

Recently, the gf - from hence forth referred to as "Sweetness" - has been complaining about not feeling very well, especially when she's not around me. Come to think of it, for the duration of our acquaintance with one another, she has been saying that she's been sick. But when she comes to see me, she doesn't complain much besides of it being cold at my place, something I dismiss as pretty normal, considering that I legitimately think that frigid is the default temperature setting in the house.

This morning, Sweetness broke the news to me that she has indeed contracted the dreaded swine flu. Granted, the stigma and terror that was attached to swine flu when it first hit the world are no longer nearly as profound, but still, it's certainly not good news. It's one of those things that you always think is just something out there but you'll never really come into personal contact with - a la SARS, Mad Cow disease, or bird flu during their respective reigns of terror. But, because we are a mutually-consenting adult couple who occasionally engage in consenting adult activity, I have literally come to up-close-and-personal contact with the beast. I mean, chances are that she certainly didn't pick it up just in the drive from my place back to hers, but chances are also that if she's been sick for awhile and I still haven't picked up any symptoms yet, then I may have dodged this bullet already and her case isn't one that can't probably be resolved with a little rest, relaxation, and Tylenol. That's certainly the hope that I have anyways, but it would be greatly appreciated if you would keep the both of us in your prayers for the time being, because even if I'm physically fine, she obviously isn't, and I only consider myself as healthy as she is.

Until next time, stay tuned my friends. This is Sir Marcus T. Williams signing off... Yall take care now.

No comments:

Post a Comment